The preparation for the 6th edition of the largest EU simulation are well underway and we need your help. We are looking for two ambitious and experienced people to help us bring Belgrade Model European Union 2016 to reality.
Are you addicted to simulations? Do you love working behind the scenes on a conference? Are you interested in project management? Do you think you can contribute to the largest EU simulation in the world? Do you want to acquire more experience on a large international project? Do you want to cooperate with big institutions and companies?
What are we looking for?
– Secretary General of BEUM 2016 –
This person will be the project leader, working on all aspects of the project. The Secretary General will be in charge of conducting Belgrade Model European Union 2016 from the initial stage (end of March) to the very end of the project in late fall (November).
What are your duties:
– Assembling the organizing team and supervising the preparation;
– Drafting the general, monthly and weekly activity plans with strict deadlines;
– Managing different teams – fundraising, logistics, concept, marketing and PR;
-Communicating with partner institutions and organizations, and negotiating the dates of the conference (National Assembly of the Republic of Serbia, University of Belgrade, others);
– Supervising the content preparation – topics, study guides, participant selection;
– Promotion of the event – personal contacts, media, social networks, universities, etc.;
– Supervising the Fundraising team – grants, sponsorships, in-kind donations, etc.;
– Keeping track of all activities and reporting
– Large experience in taking part in simulations such as MEU, MUN, Moot Court or similar;
– Ideally, you have already led similar projects in the past.
– Based in Belgrade with flawless English and Serbian skills, both written and spoken;
– Having a lot of time to devote to the project – at least 15 hours per week;
– You are well organized, responsible, resourceful and available;
– Great leadership skills;
– Outstanding communication skills and responsiveness;
– Ability to attend high-level meetings with representatives of important Serbian institutions and communicate with them in a professional level;
– Outstanding computer skills: Office (Word, Excel, Powerpoint), Cloud systems and online docs (OneDrive, Google Drive/Docs), Social networks (Facebook pages, Twitter, Instagram), at least basic skills in Photoshop, Illustrator and Corel Draw.
– You have a flawless knowledge of the European Union and how it works, including processes and current topics;
– You have a very developed personal network among students, NGOs, administration and universities;
– Outstanding presentation skills (media, public speaking, meetings);
– Head of Concept –
The Head of Concept is in charge in preparing the material for the simulation, and making sure the sessions are going according to plan by selecting the chairing board members for each simulated body. Also, Head of Concept is selecting participants and assisting in their preparation for the conference. BEUM 2016 will simulate the European Parliament, Council of the EU, European Council and the European Court of Justice, with the two additional roles of Journalists and Lobbyists.
What are your duties:
– Assembling the concept team with ambitious and exceptional young experts;
– Selecting the topics and documents that will be debated during the simulation;
– Preparing the simulation material – Website content, study guides, the directives and regulations, ECJ material, preparation material for Journalists and Lobbyists;
– Selecting the members of the chairing board for every simulated body;
– Selecting the participants and assigning them with their roles;
– Communicating with participants and assisting them with preparation for their roles;
– Organizing and holding a preparation seminar for the participants before the conference;
– Promoting the conference through personal connections.
– Informing the PR and marketing team about the topics, activities and preparation for the purposes of promotion;
– Keeping track of all activities and reporting.
– You have participated on at least 3 similar projects (MEU, MUN, Moot Court, etc.);
– You have an outstanding written and spoken English;
– You have an outstanding knowledge of the EU, its institutions, decision making processes and current EU affairs;
– You are follow EU affairs and topics regularly;
– You have amazing teaching/mentoring skills (previous experience is a plus);
– You have great leadership skills;
– Outstanding computer skills: Office (Word, Excel, Powerpoint), Cloud systems and online docs (OneDrive, Google Drive/Docs).
How to apply?
If you think you have what it takes to become our Secretary General or Head of Concept, here is how you can apply:
– For the position of Secretary General: send your detailed resume, letter of recommendation from a previous supervisor or a colleague and write a 1-page motivation letter outlining why you are the perfect candidate for the position;
– For the position of the Head of Concept: send your detailed resume and the genuine 2-page writing sample on the EU affairs.
Apply by sending the requested documents to firstname.lastname@example.org before 13th March.